Senior Migration Consultant
Seeking a Senior level IT Consultant with a background in Data Center Transformation and/or Migration. This is a full-scale DC migration project with many transformational elements. This role will lead a team in defining the migration direction, methods, timelines, and workstreams. The role will also interface with the client at all levels, lead the creation of all deliverables, and be responsible for weekly/monthly project management reporting (with support from the project team). The need is for an experienced migration architect to lead 1 or more workstreams through the discovery, planning, and migration execution process. While this project has a definitive time frame, if the work is completed in a satisfactory manner, then there could be additional follow-on projects.
· Review electronically discovered environmental data and confirm accuracy with client stakeholders
· Lead interview sessions with client IT and Business stakeholders to gather busines context
· Review collected data and context to develop migration groupings, assign migration methods, build a migration schedule, and identify special considerations and/or risks
· Manage destination data center build
· Build low level migration plans including, but not limited to, escalation tree, resource matrix, and shutdown/startup/validation tasks
· Assist with managing migration event(s)
· Lead the creation of project deliverables
· Lead a migration project team consisting of senior migration consultants, junior consultants/analysts, and discovery tool engineers.
· Create weekly/monthly project management reporting with support from the project team
· Utilize a workflow tool to automate task tracking
· MS Office proficiency
· 10+ years of data center migration/relocation experience
· Team management experience
· Base knowledge of network, storage, compute, security, and cloud technologies
· Motivated with ability to proactively progress the project following a defined methodology and toolset
· Ability to understand technology problems, but create business savvy recommendations and solutions
· Cloud and Project Management certifications are a plus
Travel expense reimbursement available to selected candidates, work will be performed remotely until deemed appropriate under Covid restrictions.